Saturday, July 30, 2011

Crockpot BBQ Chicken


I'm really loving crock pot recipes right now because my husband can easily throw them in the 'pot while I'm at work and have dinner ready when we get home. I found this recipe on Stick a Fork In It via Money Saving Mom, and it is a keeper! We thought the sauce tasted like Pizza Hut's honey barbeque wing sauce, and we thought it would make a great "fake out" (fake take out) meal with frozen chicken strips too.

The recipe is as follows,

4-6 pieces boneless skinless chicken breasts (i threw them in frozen... even easier!)
1 bottle BBQ sauce (I used KC Masterpiece Original.)
1/4 c vinegar
1 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/4 c brown sugar
1/2 - 1 tsp. garlic powder

mix BBQ sauce with all ingredients listed under it. place chicken in crockpot. pour sauce over it and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours. you pretty much don't even have to stir it... how easy is that!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive