Saturday, February 11, 2012

1st Birthday and Valentine's Day Meal Plan


After returning from our trip to Denver, my last two days have been a major organizational failure. I got to the grocery store last night with two "events" to plan for and no list. Definitely a less than ideal situation! For this week, I allowed $50 from our normal grocery budget and $50 from our gift/holiday budget. So far, I've spent $75 exactly, but I forgot a few things. I'll probably pick up a few quick dinner items as well with the remainder of the budget!

I don't have much of a meal plan for the week. We'll be winging it aside from the special meals I have planned. Tomorrow night, we'll be having tortellini soup, salad and garlic bread at my son's first birthday party.. I'm making tortellini soup for 11 adults and 7 kids. Hopefully a triple batch will be enough! I'm also bringing baby mans birthday cake. I actually have a $5 off coupon for a store bought cake, so that is exciting! On Monday, we'll be celebrating Valentine's Day as a family. I'm trying a new recipe for a pork roast with dried fruit and fresh herbs and green rice casserole. I've never cooked pork loin before, so that will be a first! I'm also making Valentine's Day cookies and a Caramel Macchiato ice cream bombe. Stay tuned for those recipes (as long as everything turns out!)

We're also making Valentine's Day Peanut Butter Blossoms and Bananas 'n Cream bread for some sweet treats!

For more meal plans see www.orgjunkie.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers