Saturday, February 25, 2012

Bananas 'N Cream Bread




I've been using the Tyler Florence's ultimate banana bread recipe for several years, and for whatever reason, I grew a little tired of it. I've used this one twice lately, and it is my new fave! I hate how banana bread is really SO bad for you under the guise of being possibly a little healthy, but whatever. A little treat is ok sometimes! One of these days I'm going to get around to trying it as banana bread french toast. YUM!

Here is the killer recipe, adjusted from allrecipes.com.

Ingredients
  • 3/4 cup butter
  • 3 cups white sugar (Using less has worked just fine for me)
  • 3 eggs
  • 6 very ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1.5 cups whole wheat pastry flour
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
  • 2 Tablespooons of cinnamon sugar mixture
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease four 7x3 inch loaf pans. 
  2. In a large bowl, cream butter and 3 cups sugar. Mix in eggs, mashed bananas, sour cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Mix in salt, baking soda and flour. Stir in nuts. Divide into prepared pans.Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
  3. Bake for 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.(Mine took a little longer!)      (You can see more recipes at beautyandbedlam.com.)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, this sounds so good. I've been on a sour cream kick lately, and love finding new ways to use it. I bet that as little as 1 cup of sugar would be fine in this recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Followers